Programs > Brochure
Florence School of Fine Arts
Florence, Italy (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing Options:||Apartment||Pre-Requisites:||Sophomore status|
|Program Sponsor:||UND Sponsored||Program Type:||Direct Enroll Partner|
Florence School of Fine Arts
The Mission of Firenze Arti Visive School of Fine Arts:
• Firenze Arti Visive School of Fine Arts was shaped by artists as an innovative studio arts and Italian culture program bringing forth new ideas and different approaches to living and learning in Florence, Italy.
• Firenze Arti Visive School of Fine Arts is a unique place where students can become more conscious of themselves and of the cultural reality surrounding them according to their personal ways of observation and communication.
• Firenze Arti Visive School of Fine Arts educates and encourages students who will become working artists of significance in local and global culture.
• Firenze Arti Visive School of Fine Arts is a cultural reference point on an international level which bridges the historical with present-day to create a significant and specific place for contemporary art and Italian cultural studies.
• Firenze Arti Visive is a program that is developed continually in order to incorporate new approaches, concepts, and theories keeping in touch with the external world of art and culture.
• Firenze Arti Visive introduces a rapidly changing diverse art world through our dynamic exhibitions and visiting artists programs.
Firenze Arti Visive is located in the heart of the historical center of Florence in one of the oldest and most prestigious historical palaces of Florence’s heritage. Situated on a quiet street the studios and classrooms are steps away from Piazza Santa Croce, The Uffizi Gallery, Loggia dei Lanzi and a short walk to the Arno River and the historic Ponte Vecchio. This historic neighborhood is one of the most beautiful settings in Florence that breathes the Renaissance atmosphere. Our advantageous location provides Firenze Arti Visive students a vibrant and inspirational surrounding for art and cultural studies.
With unique course offerings and rare art making equipment not found in other programs each student is able to have a personal space in the studio to experiment and research. With a limited enrollment to ensure small classes our teachers are artists highly qualified in their discipline and they are able to provide students with individualized attention. Not many programs can offer all that we have on-site and our setting provides inspriration for studying and working.
Firenze Arti Visive School of Fine Arts makes housing arrangements for students in shared furnished apartments near to campus. Students have the opportunity to live among the residents of the city, to explore and become a part of the community of Florence. Meal plans are not included in this program.
| Student Stories
View Georgi Crummer's blog | Summer 2015
|Host Country Staff:|
|Easy to live within my budget:|
|Summer 2015 Participant|
|The Letterpress, Printmaking, and Art History departments were well-developed and engaging. The Photography department wasn't as developed.|
|Ian Mabry, Summer 2013 Participant|
|This was the greatest experience of my life. I am grateful to have had the opportunity.|
|Dates / Deadlines:|